Sometimes you see an email address that is clickable. In order to get Gmail to open a new message follow the steps below.
1. Open Gmail in Chrome and click the Protocol Handler icon in your browser’s address bar.
2. When prompted to “Allow Gmail to open all email links?”, select “Use Gmail,” and click “Done.”
You may see the “Default Apps” window pop up. Make sure “Google Chrome” is selected for “Email”
Then you’re done! Skip steps 3-5.
3. If you were unable to see the Protocol Handler icon , click the Chrome menu icon in the top right corner of your browser, and choose “Settings.”
4. Click the “Show Advanced Settings” link at the bottom of the screen. Then click the “Content Settings” button under the “Privacy” header.
5. In the pop-up window, scroll down to the “Handlers” section and click the “Manage Handlers” button. Then select Gmail from the mailto dropdown, click “Done,” and, well, you’re done!